Friday, March 24, 2006

Foriegn Relations From The Home Country

Last night was the AFS banquet. Since I'm the treasurer of my school International Relations Club (IRC), I had to be there. I did my duty and went, sat, watched a few foriegn kids tell us who they were, where they were from and so on. One of the foriegn girls actually happened to be quite hot... She's from Norway.. My family is from Norway, I'm 100% Norse. Awesome! I have a conversation starter! Instead of the regular one with exchange students "where ya from?" Well, found out her name is Henrietta, and so on. I kinda lost interest in her when all she did was talk about guys from the school she went to. I talked to some other exchange students and then decided that I wanted to ride my longboard.

Just before I went outside, another officer from IRC came up to me and told me she was leaving and that I had to stay to take care of anything that IRC had left.... Fuck That. They ditched me once at the pool party, I'm not staying. So I told them I would stay and promptly left. Walked out the door right behind them, didn't even wait for them to leave. They saw me open my car door and pull out my longboard. I started riding on the hill that goes into the parking lot and noticed that there was someone else there riding a longboard! yay! I even know him! I talked to the two guys for quite some time before I remembered the ULTIMATE HILL. They were willing to drive if I was willing to show them the hill. I happily obliged. We got there, it's at the end of the main stretch that goes through my town. I told my friend to get out and grab his board, but he chickened out. I did the first run on my own. The car followed a little behind me to give me some light since it was dark out. he said he got up to 30 mph going down the hill... AWESOME! I jumped in the car, we drove to the top and told my friend to get his board and he did this time.

We started down the hill and saw headlights coming the other way... fuck.. looks like this one will be a straight shot... no carving back and forth to slow down. I am loving the speed and actually tuck to go faster, about half way, I turn and look back to yell at my friend, "This is where it gets fast!" and he gave me a look of sheer horror. I reach the bottom of the hill and look back, my friend has the worst case of speed wobble I think I have ever seen in my life, and we're going 34 mph. Somehow, he manages to keep in together untill we reach the bottom of the hill and slows down. We stop, our ride pulls up, we get in, he looks at me and says, "You are fucking insane, and I hate you for making me do that."

I did the hill twice more after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home