Sunday, April 09, 2006

Best Spring Break Ever. Part One of At Least a Billion

I didn't go to Cancun. I didn't go out of state. I didn't even leave my town. But I still had the best spring break ever. From saturday to wednesday, nothing of note really happened (Except what I had already written in Adrenaline Flow From The Po Po). I was bored and thinking to myself that this was the worst spring break ever. Little did I know that over the course of 4 days that it would become the BEST SPRING BREAK EVER! It is now monday, the following week and I can't remember all of what happened. I just remember that my entire spring break was filled with a single thing. This single thing happened again and again. I love this single thing because it keeps life interesting. This single thing is Random. I planned only one thing this week, and it's where I shall start my story.

Thursday.

I planned a paintball game. I told everybody I knew at school. I sent out text messages. It was supposed to be an awesome. Everybody was coming. It didn't turn out that way. Only 5 people showed up. but you know what.. it was still awesome. I still had a grade A experience. I told people that we were meeting in the Kelso High parking lot at 11 am. I wanted to get an early start because some people had to work later in the day. We played some 3 on 2 and some 1 on 1 games before people had to start heading out. The last game I played.. I got LIT UP. Peter and I were the two veteran players on the course. We both eliminated eachothers teammates withing the first 15 seconds of the match and were going after one another. We sprinted toward eachother and got to opposite sides of the bunker at the same time. He went one way and fired toward the other full blast. I was stupid and went out that side and caught about 8 paintballs on my left side. The worst hit was on my left hand. Right between my pinkey and ring finger knuckles. That hurt and I wish that I was wearing gloves. I bought 2 cases of water for the people that I thought would show up. One of the cases was barely even used and the other not at all. I have both in my room if you're hot and thirsty. That ended my paintball experience that day. I was actually supposed to play later with Amber, but everyone else skipped out and it wouldn't be quite fair for us to play one on one games.

Well, after I played, I went to my friend Michaels house and hung out there for a few hours and just talked to him about life in general. We headed to my house and unloaded my painball gear. He wanted to see Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter played on my 360. Right about that time, Amber called. She had just gotten off work and was bored. I told Mike that I would catch up with him later since he wasn't as hot as Amber, he agreed and bid me good day. I headed to the Hilander (Amber's, Pat's, Cody's and I place of employment). I found her in Lazertag and talked to our other friends that worked there for a while. She told me that she needed to get some pictures developed and we headed out to Wal-Mart. On the way there my friend David Dolan called (see: Just Another Tuesday... But Not Really). Amber picked up the phone and talked to him a good while before he figured out that it was her (They played 2o questions, and he got it in 2) We told him what was up and what we were doing. She somehow convinced him to drive to Wal-Mart, which is a good 20 minute drive from where we live. Such is the effect of a woman on a man. We dropped off the pictures and started wondering what to do. I remembered that any store with a home and garden section had lawn chairs out on display so we went searching. We almsot got there when we were distracted by something shiny or like it. I found a stack of those fold out chairs and plopped down right next to a check out counter with a plethora of knives in the display case. The clerk either didn't care or just... well it's wall mart.. so the clerk didn't care. David and Amber became bored after a while so we continued our search for the Home and Garden section. Eureka! we were about 30 feet from it... Each of us searched for a chair that suited us. David and I sat right next to one another on a swinging chair meant for at least 6 other people. And we held hands... just to make other people feel uncomfortable. It was gold. Amber, of course, sat a good distance from us on another bed/chair. After a while of homoness David and I parted ways (went to different chairs) and Amber just sat there. Amber called David on her cell phone... and somehow, mine as well. So we had a conference call... All within 7 feet of one another. And we put it on speaker phone. There was a bit of feedback but it was still entertaining. About 40 minutes later, we started on our merry way back to the photo section. We came upon some of those clown things you punch over and they stand back up, except these ones were super heroes. So it made sense that they stood back up. The old ones.. they were just frustrating, damn clown just wouldn't stay dead... till I took a knife to his eye. Anyway, we made our way back to the photo section and picked up Amber's pictures. We then had to decide what to do...

We went through a list of ideas when we chose to go back to the Hilander. We hung out there for a good while and invented a new sport... Land Boarding. We tied a rope off to David's luggage rack on top of his blazer, put a piece of plastic at mid length for a handle... add longboard, mix thouroughly and bake at 30 mph in parking lot. It's really a great sport and I see NOTHING that could go wrong. Since the Hilander is a somewhat puiblic parkinglot... headed to Kelso's parking lot. We did that for a while, and decided that someone was going to die soon if we didn't stop. We talked to some other longboarders that showed up and just chilled. Pat and Cody got off work and they came over to the parking lot. As did Chris Abram. Dane showed up as well. David took Amber back to her car so she could go back to Kalama. Almost simultaniously with them leaving, Pat brought out Herbert The Destroyer and we all met him. Amber drove back over and talked to everyone. All of us were having a merry time standing around and talking when all of a sudden Cody started to pass out. Dane went up to hug him but Cody didn't move and his eyes were frozen. His legs then just collapsed. They folded like rag doll physics in a video game. I went over and held him somewhat upright. I got his attention and he stood up, told us he was ok and then proceeded to pass out again. This time I held him up against the car and just waited. We layed him down on the ground after a minute or so. Almost immediately when he was on the ground, he sat back up and stood up. He told us he was ok again and then started relating to us what he saw while he was out. That was fun! Scared me and killed the "mood."

We headed up to Pat's house and we all sat in his garage for a while and just talked about life and things. I made out with a girl and fell asleep untill about 6 am. Thats when Pat came back out and woke us up. I went home, saw that my mom was already awake and getting ready for work, so I pulled back out of my driveway and drove around. I parked at behind the Jehova's Witness church and kinda passed out for a while. I went home at 8 am and fell back asleep... untill 4 pm. an Hour before I had to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Galen said...

Where's my t shirt that says I read that whole thing? Heehe.

5:43 PM  
Blogger About______ said...

in the mail... 867-5309 craptastic drive?

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home