Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Best Spring Break Ever. Part Three of About Ninety Eight Hundred

Saturday.

Saturday started off with a bang... I had to work. It started at 11 am and continued through 5pm. I was a tad sleepy from the hot tub party the night before, but nothing I couldn't just push through. I believe it was wednesday that one of my bosses reported her keys stolen. By the time I worked friday, she was all pissed off and steamed as a fart and was threatening to call the cops. The concensus among the lower employees is that she simply misplaced them... but no, this boss HAD to get them back, even if it meant bringing in the police. Thats right, she called the cops to help her find a set of lost keys.

Well, here comes saturday. I'm back in lazertag running a game, talking to the parents outside and watching the game through the monitors when I see the Po Po walking around the Habitrail. I know what he's here for and just want to get the damn thing over with. He stopped and started questioning me right there... in front of the parents of the children in lazertag that I was responsible for. Picture this, you leave your kid with a babysitter at their house, and as you say your goodbyes, a police car pulls up, and the babysitter calmly looks up and says, "I know what this is about, just a moment officer." I don't know about you, but I probably would never let that babysitter next to my kids ever again.

Well, Officer Friendly comes up to me and started to interrogate me right in front of parents. I stop him and tell him to follow me into the lazertag lobby. Amber came back and took over referee-ing (sp?). He starts by saying the usual, "Did you see the keys? Did you see who took the keys? Do you know who took the keys?" and all that jazz. I tell him no and no and no, tell him my story of what I knew, which is simply, "I don't know who took the keys, I was back here the whole time, I just think they are lost. The first time I heard about the keys being lost was the next day when I was in the Hilander to meet some friends." He started saying some mindless dribble, telling me that he didn't think I took them or even saw them. Blah Blah Blah. Then he started to get a little nasty. He started getting downright rude actually. Asking me who I would point the finger. Who I thought might have took them. I gave that bastard nothing! They'll never get me alive! He even pulled out a myspace page, flashed a picture in front of me and tried to tell me that it was mine. I only caught a glimps but I could tell it wasn't my picture.

I had drank a red bull about 20 min and I could feel it starting to kick in. I was kinda shaking and looked at my hands. He piped up with this little gem, "I realize that talking to the police can make some people nervous, but lying also makes your hands shake." That pissed me off. I took this opportunity to inform him of something that obviously his records didn't show. I am part of a family that is somewhat powerful in my community. I started with, "I just drank an energy drink, thats why I'm shaking. I don't get nervous talking to police. I talk to them quite often. I have a few in my family. Perhaps you know some of them. I have two uncles in law enforcement. One of them is Chief of Police Nelson... your boss. The other is Captain Nelson of the Sheriffs Dept. And maybe you've heard of my grandfather? Former Sheriff Nelson." He stopped talking for a good 30 seconds. I also took out a piece of paper and wrote down his name and badge number. I thought Uncle Chief Nelson should recieve a phone call later that night.

The interview went pretty smoothly after that but I was still pissed. I didn't have a problem with my boss before that and had actually been having a pretty good relationship with her for the past few weeks. The this whole little thing and all that came crumbling down. The rest of my day was spent in a pretty bad mood and simply not listening to my boss anymore. I had a quick meeting of the owner of the building about the whole incident and what another coworker and I were talking about after it. I told him and somewhere in the middle of it he interrupted me and said, "You are a smart man." ... what do you say to that? It was just so unexpected... The whole rest of work was pretty uneventful comparably, so it wasn't all that bad.

After I got off work, Pat sent Amber and I on a mission to buy his zippo from the mall. We walked in and saw Scott and Billy, current and former employees of the Hilander. We talked to them for 20 minutes or so before we headed toward Lighthouse Gifts, where the zippo was at. We almost made it when Amber was finally distracted by Bed Bath And Beyond. I can't say that I'm not proud of her for making it that far before stopping at a store to look. We were a mere two stores away! We left the store after I had gotten a headach, like I always do when I even walk past that place, let alone go in, and made it to Lighthouse Gifts, picked up the lighter and started to head towards Sam Goody. It's going out of business, so everything is on sale for at least 25% off. I found a Tool dvd and had to put Team America: World Police back, didn't have enough money. Amber bought a few things and talked to the clerks for a while. I just stood. All was said and done so hopped in my car and headed up to my house for a while. We related to my parents what happened with the cop. My whole family is really really loyal to the police force. So when Amber said that she flipped the cop off, all of them foze. I mean all movement in the room ceased. I don't think she noticed and I didn't tell her. She'll find out by reading this. After she said she flipped him off was when it occurred to me to say, "it was when she was scratching her eye." Which is what actually happened. She was about to be hated by my entire family and would never know why. We went up to my house and tried to find out how to set my myspace profile to private so the owners of the Hilander couldn't look at it without adding me to their friends list. Didn't figure it out and just kinda talked untill 7 ish. Chris called me and we drove to his house, which isn't far away at all. spent some time down in his shed and lit things on fire. He had some RC car fuel that was 50% nitro, that burned real good. All of us went up to the house and talked to his parents for a while before deciding that we were going to head back down to the Hilander.

We got there and were just talking when Pat drove up with Austin and a few others. He was headed out to Seth's house to play some music. Everybody piled into our 3 cars and headed out. We got there and I saw something that I didn't expect whatsoever. It was a surprise kegger. Everybody was surprised. There were a bunch of older people around, they were all in their 40's or so. Since Seth's mom is the coolest mom ever, she let everyone drink, besides the 4 that were the DD's. I was one of them, so I didn't drink at all. Every last one of the DD's had to walk up in front of all the adults so they could make sure they knew who was who. So that if they saw us drinking they wouldn't let us drive. I didn't drink, but I did meet Herbert again. I met him a lot, probably at least twice more than anyone else. Chris is a good friend. About this time, Amber announced that she, once again, needed to go home. Chris drove her car to the hilander and I rode along. I sat in the Hilander parking lot for a good 10 minutes just mentally preparing myself for the drive back to the surprise kegger. I made it back, thank god. I just had trouble keeping up to the speed limit. Once back at the surprise kegger, I saw an old friend of mine, Steven. I've known him since god knows when. We live on the same street about 3 houses apart. I talked to him and watched the live music we went there for origionally. He put a hat on me, don't know why. He asked if I could give him a ride home, which I did. All the way to Lexington. Not just to the main housing development out there, but past it. It was amazing. After that, I decided I should just go home from there. I went home and searched for a good 20 minutes for the Tool dvd that I bought earlier. I actually passed it about 8 times just walking back and forth on my stairs. I never found it till the following morning. Thoroughly depressed about not getting to watch Tool, I just passed out. It was pretty grand.

End of Saturday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home