Monday, April 17, 2006

My Brother In-Law Called Me Today

My Brother In-Law called me today and told me that Tool tickets went on sale this saturday and that their first show for the tour is in fact in Seattle Washington on May 2nd, the same day that their album comes out. KICK ASS! I'm going to see Tool! I don't care how much it costs. I will pay upwards of $100 to see this band play. Good thing I only have to pay $66.66. Well, as soon as I got home, I called my friend Galen in Canada and told him. He told me that he wanted to go to it, and I planted the idea that he should fly here to see it. Short pause, and he said ok. He's flying to Washington State from Ontario Canada to see a Tool concert. I had to ask him how that conversation went and here's what he told me:

Galen says:
I need to go to seattle at the beginning of next month
Galen says:
"why?"
Galen says:
uh, theres a tool concert
Galen says:
"seattle as in washington state?"
Galen says:
yea
Galen says:
"are you going with whats his name... casey?"
Galen says:
yea
Galen says:
yada yada

Galen says:
"well this'll be a good chance to get to know him before you spend a month with him in a foreign continent"


I think that is the greatest conversation of all time. So truthful but to the point. Anyway, this means that I'm going to be skipping a few days of school to hang out with a Canadian and to see the greatest band that ever walked the face of this planet. I'm really really excited for this. You have no idea how much I love this band and now that a good friend of mine from afar is going to join me... All the better.

6 Comments:

Blogger Antek said...

Have fun at the show... you crazies skipping the continent should look us up on the way (I thought I heard there was a New York stop over)

5:49 PM  
Blogger Galen said...

That's the plan, Anthony. We're gonna meet up in NY for a few days and fly into europe together. No concrete plans as of yet, which is why this is all blogtastic speculation thus far.


Casey, I need to book off work (for all 17 of my jobs) by tomorrow. Then you need to contact me right away, by any means, when the tickets are confirmed and in the sac. Then I need to buy my plane ticket at the last minute.

HOORAY FOR SPONTANEOUSNESS!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Antek said...

when it gets close give me a holla, I'll give you guys my number and we'll meet up

9:34 PM  
Blogger About______ said...

Yeah, we plan on hooking up with ram, silverblood and some other people we wouldn't trust under any other conditions. This should definately be a story M$ should write up. "It's Good To Play Together In Real Life Too!"

10:39 PM  
Blogger Galen said...

teehee

9:38 AM  
Blogger Tevin said...

Word up kids! When you're on your way through seattle, hit me up. I'd love to say what's up!

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home