Monday, April 24, 2006

Ultimate Frisbee and My Life Plan

Sunday I played Ultimate Frisbee for 3 hours. We had the entire football stadium to play on and we did, there were SO MANY PEOPLE! I think the final count was 28. Well, I've played Ultimate Frisbee before, but never on this level. It was so organized and the gameplay was so fast and fun! I felt really sore the day after but I think it's totally worth it. Next weekend there is supposed to be a rather large game of paintball, so I should have a blast with that.

I've been a lot more active recently. I had been going through a stage that I was home constantly. If I wasn't at school or work, I was at home playing video games. My social life is getting a lot better. I've been hanging out with Amber a lot more, which is a lot of fun, she's great. I can feel that I'm getting a lot more energy and I can't wait to graduate and for life to begin for me. All of my friends seem to be going off to college or staying home to save money for college and just delaying the real start to life. I feel like I'm running toward it full speed. I'm getting everything out of the way these last couple months of school and just living life to the fullest. As soon as I graduate, I'm out of this town forever. I'm moving to Alaska for the summer, then I'm taking my last care free step in life and visiting Europe.

Once I get back, I will join the United States Marine Corps. A few people have asked me why and criticized my decision, but I know it is what I should do, it's the jump start to my life. All I have to do is Graduate and my life is paved for me. The only thing I can think of that would stop me is when I get to Europe. I decided that if I love it there enough, I'm not coming back at all. I will try and find opportunity in Europe and if it arises, I will take it. I really do want to become a Marine, but Europe and other cultures has fascinated my all my life. I really want to travel the world. I'm not meant to live life in a small town such as Kelso, I have to get out of here. My mom expects me to come back to Kelso after summer and the Europe trip, but that's just not going to happen. I love the people of this town, but it's not big enough. I know just about everyone I see. I want to meet new people.

On my last blog I wrote about the plan to have Galen come to Washington so we could go watch Tool together. Well, that didn't pan out. I had planned on getting tickets Saturday morning when they went on sale. My brother told me that they could sell out in under an hour, so I thought I would be alright showing up to Ticket Master a few minutes late. I got there five after 10 and much to my dismay, was told that they sold out in about 3o seconds. My brother bid on and won two tickets off e-bay, so there's still a chance I could see the show, but at a really, really steep price. The price for a ticket at Ticketmaster = $66. The price for two tickets via e-bay = $700. WAY TOO MUCH TO SEE ANYONE! I don't care if Gandhi came back to life and was having seminars, no person should have to pay $700 for two tickets. I mean good lord! how can someone even have the heart to sell them for that much? c'mon! that's a $580 profit! It pisses me off to no extent, Tool is my favorite band, I would pay $120 to see them, but $350 is way too much. Something has to be done about this. People had auctions up on e-bay for seats before they even went on sale. How is it possible to get the exact seats to sell before the tickets even go on sale? There is corruption in the ticketing business and whoever is responsible should be publicly hung and disemboweled.

2 Comments:

Blogger Antek said...

Did you ever consider re-locating to the east coast, there are plenty of opportunities here, and hell if NYC is'nt a big enough town for you then you might be a lost cause my man ;)

3:52 PM  
Blogger k o w said...

The East Coast rocks.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home